The Asia Pacific Natural Gas Vehicles Association (ANGVA) was established in 2002 and is a trade association for the natural gas vehicles industry in the Asia Pacific region. It serves the needs of fleet operators, vehicle manufacturers, OEMs, gas suppliers, equipment suppliers, refuelling equipment providers, consultants, government representatives, NGOs and others involved with the natural gas vehicle industry by promoting the use of natural gas as a transport fuel, by defining industry standards and guidelines and by providing training.
The activities of the Association are governed by the Board and its committees and implemented by the Secretariat. The first board election was held in Oct 2003 in Manila, Philippines. The Secretariat office is currently based in Malaysia. ANGVA provides NGV related information to members and helps members to communicate and share their experiences for improving the NGV industry in their countries. Moreover ANGVA is dedicated to developing an industry with highest technical and safety standards covering the entire Asia Pacific region. ANGVA also involves the leadership of the NGV community to influence activities and policies that provide increased market opportunities.
In 2013, ANGVA adopts a new vision statement of “To lead and promote Asia Pacific NGV Industry towards sustainable growth”. This vision will be achieved by ANGVA planting the seeds, providing the catalysts, monitoring and steering the development of a safe, profitable and sustainable market for natural gas as an environmentally friendly, economically viable, and energy security transport fuel, throughout the region.
To lead and promote Asia Pacific NGV industry towards sustainable growth.
The objectives of the association are:
- To provide a forum in which members can discuss matters relating to natural gas as a fuel for vehicles.
- To promote the development of sustainable and profitable market for natural gas vehicles.
- To encourage the development of natural gas vehicles technology and refuelling infrastructure.
- To advance knowledge and learning, and stimulate research in the areas of natural gas as a fuel for vehicles.
- To collect, analyse and disseminate information related to the use of natural gas as a fuel for vehicles.
- To promote standards of safety and uniformity of practices and standards relating to the use of natural gas as fuel for vehicles.
- To organise conferences, exhibitions, seminars, workshops, forums, and trainings on the use of natural gas as a fuel for vehicles.